Grocery Out-of-Stocks – Big Problems, Key Solutions
Inventory Distortion is a nearly $2 Trillion problem worldwide. Supply chain disruptions, inflation and economic uncertainly are just some of the challenges grocery retailers face looking forward. Labor challenges and aging IT infrastructure often add even further headwinds. But while we continue to see a significant disconnect between what retailers think the inventory distortion problem is and what their customers actually experience, believe it or not, things are improving for those
retailers that are sufficiently focused on the items that are in their immediate control. And this is particularly true for fast moving consumer goods.
This research study sizes the problem of inventory distortion in Grocery and Supercenter/Warehouse space, the unique challenges faced, who is to blame when things go wrong and the solutions that are bringing real improvement in retail sales, margins and profits. And these changes are significant.
This product is free. We would ask that you adhere to our license agreement with regards to quoting sections of the research. Our full license agreement may be found below.
IHL Group License and Fair Use Agreement
All of IHL Group’s generally available research are electronic licenses and can be shared freely within the purchasing organization and wholly owned subsidiaries. We only ask that this information not be shared with partners or others outside the purchasing company without authorization from IHL Group. The license does not extend to joint ventures or other partnerships. If the relationship is not a wholly-owned subsidiary, then both parties would need a license.
Practically, this implies the following:
- The purchasing company can use the data and research worldwide internally as long as the international organizations are wholly owned subsidiaries of the purchasing company.
- The data or any research cannot be distributed in whole or in part to partners or customers without express written approval from IHL Group.
- The purchasing company may quote components of the data (limited use) in presentations to customers such as specific charts. This is limited to percentage components, not individual unit information. Unit data cannot be shared externally without express written approval from IHL Group. All references to the data in presentations should include credit to IHL Group for the data.
- The purchasing company can reference qualitative quotes in printed material with written approval from IHL Group.
- All requests requiring written approval should be submitted to ihl(at)ihlservices.com and will be reviewed within one business day.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at 1-888-IHL-6777 (North America) +1.615.591.2955 (International) or email us at ihl(at)ihlservices.com.