Grocery IT Benchmarking Study
Covid-19 has changed grocery retailing forever. Trends that were slowly moving went into hyperdrive as retailers adjusted to click and collect and local delivery options. But these are only the tip of the iceberg for changes affecting the industry as they are hitting traditional solutions and even the overall technical architecture of the store going forward.
This research study/white paper leverages the annual study we do with RIS News released in January, but will focus specifically on the segments of Grocery, Drug Stores, Convenience Stores and Mass Merchants/Warehouse Clubs. Data included will be discussions of the following: plans for IT spend growth and where they are spending, POS, mobile devices, self-checkout, kiosks, mobile checkout, click and collect, delivery, contactless payment, edge computing, computer-aided ordering, video analytics and inventory enhancements such as RFID, computer vision and electronic shelf labels. We will highlight security issues and top priorities for the retailers in this segment..
This product is free. We would ask that you adhere to our license agreement with regards to quoting sections of the research. Our full license agreement may be found below.
IHL Group License and Fair Use Agreement
All of IHL Group’s generally available research are electronic licenses and can be shared freely within the purchasing organization and wholly owned subsidiaries. We only ask that this information not be shared with partners or others outside the purchasing company without authorization from IHL Group. The license does not extend to joint ventures or other partnerships. If the relationship is not a wholly-owned subsidiary, then both parties would need a license.
Practically, this implies the following:
- The purchasing company can use the data and research worldwide internally as long as the international organizations are wholly owned subsidiaries of the purchasing company.
- The data or any research cannot be distributed in whole or in part to partners or customers without express written approval from IHL Group.
- The purchasing company may quote components of the data (limited use) in presentations to customers such as specific charts. This is limited to percentage components, not individual unit information. Unit data cannot be shared externally without express written approval from IHL Group. All references to the data in presentations should include credit to IHL Group for the data.
- The purchasing company can reference qualitative quotes in printed material with written approval from IHL Group.
- All requests requiring written approval should be submitted to ihl(at)ihlservices.com and will be reviewed within one business day.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at 1-888-IHL-6777 (North America) +1.615.591.2955 (International) or email us at ihl(at)ihlservices.com.