Insights to Actions – Addressing Total Retail Loss
Retailers have been rich with data for years, yet it has often not been actionable either because it was inconsistent or retailers didn’t have the analysts to review the data. But with the growth of more advanced analytics this insight has permeated all business units within retail. And, despite the derision that radio hosts rain down on the use of analytics in pro sports for decision making, there is considerable momentum for more advanced analytics in retail and hospitality. Why? Because business leaders in retail are always being asked to do more with less and must understand what changes bring the most bang for the buck.
This study looks at solutions for hidden causes of margin shrink in areas of loss prevention, promotions performance and inventory management and provides insight on key solutions that can dramatically improve performance. The focus of this research is to look at how retailers are addressing Total Retail Loss.
This Research is Made Available for Distribution Thanks to our Sponsor
This product is free. We would ask that you adhere to our license agreement with regards to quoting sections of the research. Our full license agreement may be found below.
IHL Group License and Fair Use Agreement
All of IHL Group’s generally available research are electronic licenses and can be shared freely within the purchasing organization and wholly owned subsidiaries. We only ask that this information not be shared with partners or others outside the purchasing company without authorization from IHL Group. The license does not extend to joint ventures or other partnerships. If the relationship is not a wholly-owned subsidiary, then both parties would need a license.
Practically, this implies the following:
- The purchasing company can use the data and research worldwide internally as long as the international organizations are wholly owned subsidiaries of the purchasing company.
- The data or any research cannot be distributed in whole or in part to partners or customers without express written approval from IHL Group.
- The purchasing company may quote components of the data (limited use) in presentations to customers such as specific charts. This is limited to percentage components, not individual unit information. Unit data cannot be shared externally without express written approval from IHL Group. All references to the data in presentations should include credit to IHL Group for the data.
- The purchasing company can reference qualitative quotes in printed material with written approval from IHL Group.
- All requests requiring written approval should be submitted to ihl(at)ihlservices.com and will be reviewed within one business day.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at 1-888-IHL-6777 (North America) +1.615.591.2955 (International) or email us at ihl(at)ihlservices.com.