Each regional SMB study breaks out the market in great detail so that you can specifically target growing niche’s in the retail and hospitality market. It provides POS and POS Software sizing along with optional EFT/POS sizing options (how many use signature capture versus PIN/Debit versus embedded payment software).
The data is broken down into the following segments:
Mass Merchants and Discounters
Specialty Hard Goods (DIY, Electronics, Books, Furniture, Sporting Goods, etc)
Specialty Soft Goods (Apparel, Shoes, Leather Goods, etc.)
Bar/Table Service Restaurants
Entertainment – Casinos and Cruises
Entertainment – Stadiums, Museums, Theme Parks
In addition, the data is broken out by the following size of retailers:
1 Store Companies
2-9 Store Chains
10-49 Store Chains
50-100 Store Chains
101-300 Store Chains
301-500 Store Chains
501-1,000 Store Chains
Over 1,000 Store Chains
For each of the segments and sizes we have the following information:
# of Companies that make up those stores
Average # of Cash Points (where tender is taken)
Average sofware license paid
Total number of Cash Points in that segment/size
How many of those cash points are nothing but a wallet verses ECR, Traditional POS or PC on a Cash Drawer.
How the EFT/POS is taken (is it an MSR on the device, or separate signature capture, Debit reader, or other PIN pad)
The information includes the installed base as well as the shipments for the last two years and a forecast for the year forward.
Below are some examples of some screen shots. But they do not do the product justice.
We welcome you to contact us for a demo of the product so you can see the level of data and detail you would be provided.
For more information, please feel free to contact us.
Pricing is dependent on whether the POS Terminal Study for that region is purchased. If it is purchased, the price for each region is $2,000 for the SMB cut out. If not, then the price is $4,000 for the information without EFT and $4,800 with the EFT installed information.
Enterprise License – a license that allows for the research to be accessed and shared internally with anyone else within the organization and wholly owned subsidiaries.
IHL Group License and Fair Use Agreement
All of IHL Group’s generally available research are electronic licenses and can be shared freely within the purchasing organization and wholly owned subsidiaries. We only ask that this information not be shared with partners or others outside the purchasing company without authorization from IHL Group. The license does not extend to joint ventures or other partnerships. If the relationship is not a wholly-owned subsidiary, then both parties would need a license.
Practically, this implies the following:
- The purchasing company can use the data and research worldwide internally as long as the international organizations are wholly owned subsidiaries of the purchasing company.
- The data or any research cannot be distributed in whole or in part to partners or customers without express written approval from IHL Group.
- The purchasing company may quote components of the data (limited use) in presentations to customers such as specific charts. This is limited to percentage components, not individual unit information. Unit data cannot be shared externally without express written approval from IHL Group. All references to the data in presentations should include credit to IHL Group for the data.
- The purchasing company can reference qualitative quotes in printed material with written approval from IHL Group.
- All requests requiring written approval should be submitted to ihl(at)ihlservices.com and will be reviewed within one business day.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at 1-888-IHL-6777 (North America) +1.615.591.2955 (International) or email us at ihl(at)ihlservices.com.