It’s Not You, It’s Me! How Personalization Can Bring Great Results
All too often retailers look to sell or entice consumers with the offerings their merchants want to sell, the consumer only cares if the experience is about them. In their mind they are an audience of ONE. The attitude of the consumer is, “You have been collecting all of this data on me for years. Do you care enough to make your store about me or is the only point of the loyalty card that I get the same
discount everyone gets, but won’t get without it?”
“It’s not about you, Mr. Retailer, it’s about me!”
In IHL’s recent study Stored Advantage: Why Leaders are Doubling
Down on Stores, “Personalizing the Customer Journey” was listed
as the top priority for 2019.
And the potential rewards are tremendous with sales growth that is up to 3x similar retailers that do not personalize. This white paper reviews the potential, where retailers are investing, and what is returning the best bang for the buck.
This research is made available thanks to our sponsors.
This product is free. Simply add to cart and checkout.
This product is free. We would ask that you adhere to our license agreement with regards to quoting sections of the research. Our full license agreement may be found below.
IHL Group License and Fair Use Agreement
All of IHL Group’s generally available research are electronic licenses and can be shared freely within the purchasing organization and wholly owned subsidiaries. We only ask that this information not be shared with partners or others outside the purchasing company without authorization from IHL Group. The license does not extend to joint ventures or other partnerships. If the relationship is not a wholly-owned subsidiary, then both parties would need a license.
Practically, this implies the following:
- The purchasing company can use the data and research worldwide internally as long as the international organizations are wholly owned subsidiaries of the purchasing company.
- The data or any research cannot be distributed in whole or in part to partners or customers without express written approval from IHL Group.
- The purchasing company may quote components of the data (limited use) in presentations to customers such as specific charts. This is limited to percentage components, not individual unit information. Unit data cannot be shared externally without express written approval from IHL Group. All references to the data in presentations should include credit to IHL Group for the data.
- The purchasing company can reference qualitative quotes in printed material with written approval from IHL Group.
- All requests requiring written approval should be submitted to ihl(at)ihlservices.com and will be reviewed within one business day.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at 1-888-IHL-6777 (North America) +1.615.591.2955 (International) or email us at ihl(at)ihlservices.com.