AI/ML Promises, Potential and Pitfalls
When it comes to reviewing retail’s future, there is no area with more hype than the future impact artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) can bring to the industry. Major advancements as well in computer vision, deep learning, and natural language processing have made it easier than ever to bake an AI algorithm layer into your software or cloud platform.
But where do you start? What are the best practices? What are the real case studies and results? and what are the prerequisites to deploying this technology right? That is the topic of this research paper.
This research is made available for free thanks to our sponsors.
This product is free. Simply add to cart and checkout.
This product is free. We would ask that you adhere to our license agreement with regards to quoting sections of the research. Our full license agreement may be found below.
IHL Group License and Fair Use Agreement
All of IHL Group’s generally available research are electronic licenses and can be shared freely within the purchasing organization and wholly owned subsidiaries. We only ask that this information not be shared with partners or others outside the purchasing company without authorization from IHL Group. The license does not extend to joint ventures or other partnerships. If the relationship is not a wholly-owned subsidiary, then both parties would need a license.
Practically, this implies the following:
- The purchasing company can use the data and research worldwide internally as long as the international organizations are wholly owned subsidiaries of the purchasing company.
- The data or any research cannot be distributed in whole or in part to partners or customers without express written approval from IHL Group.
- The purchasing company may quote components of the data (limited use) in presentations to customers such as specific charts. This is limited to percentage components, not individual unit information. Unit data cannot be shared externally without express written approval from IHL Group. All references to the data in presentations should include credit to IHL Group for the data.
- The purchasing company can reference qualitative quotes in printed material with written approval from IHL Group.
- All requests requiring written approval should be submitted to ihl(at)ihlservices.com and will be reviewed within one business day.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at 1-888-IHL-6777 (North America) +1.615.591.2955 (International) or email us at ihl(at)ihlservices.com.