What Will It Take For IoT To Scale In Retail?
This white paper looks at the promise and potential of IoT at the store level. With everyone trying to figure out how to improve the customer experience at the store level, a key component of that future is related to Internet of Things as deployed at the store level. There are literally hundreds of ways IoT can be utilized at the store level. Where do you start as a retailer? What systems must be in place first? Where is differentiation a key to success and where are standards required to move forward.
Right now things are the wild wild west in IoT. A great deal of hype, a great deal of promise. We hope this short paper highlights where IHL believes the market needs to mature before it can scale.
This product is free. We would ask that you adhere to our license agreement with regards to quoting sections of the research. Our full license agreement may be found below.
IHL Group License and Fair Use Agreement
All of IHL Group’s generally available research are electronic licenses and can be shared freely within the purchasing organization and wholly owned subsidiaries. We only ask that this information not be shared with partners or others outside the purchasing company without authorization from IHL Group. The license does not extend to joint ventures or other partnerships. If the relationship is not a wholly-owned subsidiary, then both parties would need a license.
Practically, this implies the following:
- The purchasing company can use the data and research worldwide internally as long as the international organizations are wholly owned subsidiaries of the purchasing company.
- The data or any research cannot be distributed in whole or in part to partners or customers without express written approval from IHL Group.
- The purchasing company may quote components of the data (limited use) in presentations to customers such as specific charts. This is limited to percentage components, not individual unit information. Unit data cannot be shared externally without express written approval from IHL Group. All references to the data in presentations should include credit to IHL Group for the data.
- The purchasing company can reference qualitative quotes in printed material with written approval from IHL Group.
- All requests requiring written approval should be submitted to ihl(at)ihlservices.com and will be reviewed within one business day.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at 1-888-IHL-6777 (North America) +1.615.591.2955 (International) or email us at ihl(at)ihlservices.com.