The RAPID POS Project Toolkit has been used in 16 POS evaluation and selection projectsin the last 4 years for Tier 1 and 2 Retailers in the $500M to $20B annual sales range.
We specialize in large, complex organizations:
Multi-Country (Language, Standards, Tax, Processors)
Multi-Channel (Store, On-Line, Call Center, Kiosk, Catalog)
Multi-Business Models (Corporate stores, Franchise, Wholesale or a mix)
Our toolkit methodology provides for an efficient method to quickly prioritize the more than 4000 requirements for Point of Sale and review suitable offerings based on your priorities. In the first 4 hours of discussion with the retailers project leads we typically reduce the number of requirements for a retailers project down to 1000-2000 needed. These are then prioritized in a facilitated fashion with the specific retailer team members.
Each toolkit template or tool has been refined from multiple uses, providing for the most efficient use of your time, tested and proven in more than 20 retail consulting engagements in the past few years.
Highlights of the RAPID POS Project Toolkit include the following:
- The Retail Content Loaded Templates help facilitate the critical discussions between the business and IT necessary for project success.
- The RAPID Toolkit Methodology improves the quality of a project and reduces chances for project delays, enabling faster realization of business benefits.
- Reduced administration time of projects by providing proven templates to expedite the project management process and allow resources to focus on delivering solutions to the business.
- Onsite and remote training and consulting from our team of POS experts who have designed and implemented POS projects for some of the world’s top retailers.
- Integrated with IHL’s Sophia Data Service – Vendor Profiles in the Toolkit are generated from the IHL Sophia Data Service, allowing users to instantly get the latest information on specific vendors and their offerings.
Speed to Market – 70% reduction in time required to get to project pilot
Satisfy Executive Demands on Fiduciary Responsibility – supports increasing demand by Executive teams to demonstrate that controls and fiduciary responsibilities are met and risk is managed for all projects and vendor selection
Not Re-inventing the Wheel – Content Embedded Templates jumpstart scope development and ensure all key project participants, Business, IT and Vendors, have a common understanding of project scope and deliverables.
RAPID Scope Definition
Business Process Model
Process List and Model
Technical Platform Requirements
RAPID Vendor Evaluation and Selection
Vendor List and Contact Information
Standard RFP Template and Output
Vendor Session Scheduler
Vendor Checklist for Demo’s
Vendor Detailed Scoring Sheet
Vendor Scoring Grid
Vendor Reference Check
Service Level Analysis
Maintenance Pricing Model
RAPID Project Startup
Project plan Work Breakdown Structure
Testing Plan and Guidelines
Risk Mitigation Plan
Quite simply, speed and experience. When you deal with IHL/C-CORE you are dealing with a core group of experts with over 100 combined years of Research and Implementations. When you use one of the large consulting outfits you are generally receiving the low level experienced personnel in the engagement or paying exhorbitant fees for the principals and a delayed project timeframe. With IHL/C-CORE – you get both the speed to market and the experience of many installations and vendor selections.
Finally, utilizing IHL’s Retail Technology Database, we are quickly able to find multiple references for each vendor (not just the references they hand select). Together, IHL/C-CORE can provide an unmatched solution of technology insight, contacts, and selection/implementation.
Will the toolkit work effectively with my existing project methodology?
The Toolkit is content rich and designed to be quickly aligned with project management best practices. The Toolkit focuses on jump-starting the requirements definition and vendor evaluation and provides Microsoft office compatible based templates easily converted to a retailers templates and methodology to launch the project quickly while leveraging the project disciplines that retailers have developed in their IT organizations.
Why would I need to use the toolkit? I have a strong IT organization.
Vendors and Retailers have both expressed concerns over the challenges of starting a project such as a WFM implementation. Many of the resources responsible for the current platform support have been promoted, or moved to other organizations. Typically, retailers have not placed much value in creating and updating process and requirements repositories. The RAPID PROJECT TOOLKIT provides the mechanism to jump-start the process and move through business requirement definition and vendor selection quickly.
Why would I not use the ARTS RFP instead of this toolkit?
The Rapid Toolkit includes the ARTS RFP Framework but takes the process to a much deeper level than just the business requirements and an RFP template. It provides tools and templates for due diligence around the vendor evaluation and scoring process required today due to SOX. It also includes training requirements estimates, deployment plans, testing plans and risk management templates. Finally, the RAPID PROJECT TOOLKIT also provides a user adjusted weighting system so that the retailers can present the RFP according to the most important needs of the retailer. In other words, it allows the retailer to direct the RFP towards how they operate rather than a standard industry document only.
How much help will I need to use this toolkit?
We estimate that the skills transfer can take place in 10 full productive days, including customizing the information for the retailer’s business, depending on the complexity of the retail operation.
For more information, please feel free to contact us.
Pricing for the POS RAPID PROJECT TOOLKIT includes a product license fee for the tool and consulting/training from our POS experts. For more information, please contact us at 615-591-2955 or click below to send an email.
IHL Group License and Fair Use Agreement
All of IHL Group’s generally available research are electronic licenses and can be shared freely within the purchasing organization and wholly owned subsidiaries. We only ask that this information not be shared with partners or others outside the purchasing company without authorization from IHL Group. The license does not extend to joint ventures or other partnerships. If the relationship is not a wholly-owned subsidiary, then both parties would need a license.
Practically, this implies the following:
- The purchasing company can use the data and research worldwide internally as long as the international organizations are wholly owned subsidiaries of the purchasing company.
- The data or any research cannot be distributed in whole or in part to partners or customers without express written approval from IHL Group.
- The purchasing company may quote components of the data (limited use) in presentations to customers such as specific charts. This is limited to percentage components, not individual unit information. Unit data cannot be shared externally without express written approval from IHL Group. All references to the data in presentations should include credit to IHL Group for the data.
- The purchasing company can reference qualitative quotes in printed material with written approval from IHL Group.
- All requests requiring written approval should be submitted to ihl(at)ihlservices.com and will be reviewed within one business day.
For any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at 1-888-IHL-6777 (North America) +1.615.591.2955 (International) or email us at ihl(at)ihlservices.com.