North American Retail POS Terminals
- 2012 was a strong year for POS Shipments to the Retail and Hospitality Industries. Driven by new growth in specialty stores and fast food restaurants, the overall market increased 3.9% in 2012. This 77 page study focuses on the Retail POS market in North America for 2012-2017. It includes shipment, installed base and trends analyses of POS devices. The report is designed for use by POS Hardware and Software Providers, Maintenance Providers, Printer Manufacturers, EFT device vendors, Retailers and others who might have a vested interest in the North American Point-of-Sale Market.
EMEA POS Terminals
- The sovereign debt crisis that has enveloped much of Europe is having an effect upon POS shipments, though the EMEA POS market showed growth from 2012, which was the best year in the previous five. The "Other EMEA" countries, along with the UK and Russia (both non-Euro players) led growth for the region, while Spain contracted. This new EMEA POS Terminal Study looks at the overall POS Terminal shipments by country and the nuances therein.
Asia/Pacific POS Terminals
- While the North American and EMEA regions experienced satisfactory POS shipment growth in the current economy, the strong growth in the Asia/Pacific region continues to be a highlight of the worldwide POS market. China and India continue to expand, and their swelling retail ranks will continue to drive growth in 2013 and beyond. Our Asia/Pacific POS Market Study has 24 figures in 64 pages in which we explore the market climate for POS terminals in the Asia/Pacific region. It includes shipment, installed base and trends analyses for POS in Japan, China, India, Australia/New Zealand, South Korea, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Other Asia/Pacific countries.
North American Retail POS Printers
- This 76 page report focuses on the housed receipt printer market for retail POS devices in North America. Packed with 98 figures, this details the market shipshare, distribution channels and installed base for the top printer vendors doing business in the region and provides for market projections based on changing technologies and changing distribution philosophies through the year 2015. Vendors reviewed include Epson, IBM, NCR, TPG, Star Micronics, TransAct, Citizen, Bixolon, and others.
North American Hospitality POS Terminals
- This 40 page report focuses on the Hospitality POS market in the United States and Canada, challenges from Mobile devices and opportunities for growth. Its 15 figures describe shipments, installed base and trends analyses of POS devices based on processor speed and operating system choice. Additionally, the report covers emerging trends and influences that affected the market in 2009 and those that will help form market decisions in the future. It also includes market value for the installed base and a forecast for shipments and installed base through 2017.
Latin/South America Retail POS Terminals
- The Latin/South American market for POS grew at faster rate in 2011 than in recent years. Large western retailers continue to grow in the market, bringing new POS terminals with them. Our Latin/South America POS terminal market study is 58 pages in length and has 22 figures. It explores the market climate for POS terminals throughout the Latin/Central and South American region. More than just numbers without explanation, this report goes deep into discussion of retailing in the countries and segments to reveal the forces that are shaping POS purchase decisions.
POS Terminal Shipments by Vendor
- For years, customers have been asking for POS Shipments by vendor in a similar format that IDC reports PC Shipments. This is that product. The POS Terminal Shipments by Vendor product provides shipments and installed base on a quarterly and annual basis for vendors such as Toshiba Global Commerce (IBM), NCR, HP, Wincor-Nixdorf, Fujitsu, Dell, MICROS, Digipos, and many others. It includes data on processors and operating systems historically and provides a forecast going forward. It is also the only review of the POS market that includes the PC on Cash Drawer (PCOCD) market with vendors like HP, Dell, Lenovo, Acer and others.